Open Forum

View Only

Online Ticketing

• 1.  Online Ticketing

Posted 01-12-2017 14:42
    Does anyone use online ticketing programs? I'd like to try one out for our next show, if possible.

What do you guys suggest?

------------------------------
    Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach High School
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

• 2.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-12-2017 19:58
    We've used showtix4u.com for our annual musical years now.  I'm blissfully ignorant of the details because, thank goodness a parent volunteer or other staff member has always taken the lead on that end, but it seems to have worked well for us.

Ryan Moore
    Theatre Teacher and Forensics Coach
    Royal Oak MI

• 3.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-31-2017 12:07
    I started using Arts People and love it.  Great customer service, good seating charts and they build your site to match your school's webpage so it blends seamlessly.  They have 24 hour assistance which is great during show weekend.  anytime I've had an issue they have immediately responded and stayed on the phone with me until it is resolved.  

Aileen Zeigler
    Theatre Arts Director
    Omaha NE

• 4.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 02-06-2017 18:51
    We use Booktix and absolutely love it. It's easy to use and their customer service is amazing. We seat 1200 in our auditorium and switching from manual to online has been a lifesaver. Check them out!

---------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ
    ---------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 08:11
    We use show clix, but I am also unaware of the details, as a parent volunteer runs ours as well!  It seems to work really well, and I know you can assign codes to give people discounts  (Our district employees get one free ticket, our volunteers get two free tickets, etc.).  We have used it for a few years now.

Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 6.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 09:05
    I used a system called eReserve, STAY AWAY FROM IT!  I won't get into details unless you are considering it and shoot me a private email.

I have setup and utilized ShowTix4U for years.  The setup is dead easy, the reports make school accountants happy, my parents love the convenience of buying online and choosing their own seats. ("My kid is in the ensemble, but has a featured bit stage right/house left."), and the ShowTix4U staff is PHENOMENAL!
    Give them a call/email and give them a try.  As my students say, "10 out of 10 recommend."  https://www.showtix4u.com/
    (Tell them Bill Myatt sent you.)

[William] [Myatt] [Director of Theatre]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 7.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 09:16
    We use Seat Yourself, and started it a few years ago. I have had students who have done Theatre Marketing IE's over the years, and at the time, the student took it on as a project as part of her IE.  We researched several options -but ultimately went with Seat Yourself because of their relationship with EdTA dedicating a portion of their proceeds to Thespian Scholarships.

While my student owned part of the process, I had to be a little involved for long-term contact after she graduated. We had to send them a seating chart and do a few administrative tasks to get it set up - but it was easy, staff was super helpful - and now going forward, I just need to enter new show dates and times.  Audience members can pick their own seats, fees are reasonable - and our ticket sales have been AWESOME!

I just activated online sales two days ago for our March production of The Little Mermaid.  If you want to see what it looks like from a customer perspective, you can go through the beginning part of the process up to the checkout.  Here's the link:

http://pennmanor.seatyourself.biz

I still allow folks to send in an order form in hard copy (there is a small fee for each ticket purchased online) - but each show we've done has had more & more bought online.  If they send in a form, I am the one who ultimately assigns their seat - and buying tickets online even for movies has become more common, so it's not a novel concept for them anymore.  After the production is over, as the admin for our ticket sales, I just have to go in and request that the check for all of our sales be sent.  The small amount of money that goes to Seat Yourself in fees has been more than offset by the increased sales.

Feel free to email me directly if you want to pick my brain further.  Good luck!
    Missy

Melissa Mintzer
    Willow Street PA

• 8.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 10:02
    This year I started using Booktix and their customer service is exceptional! It is low/no cost and was stress free. I highly recommend!

Director of Theatre Parma Senior High School Parma, Ohio

• 9.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 10:09
    We use an online ticketing with Vendini at Vendini.com

They have been terrific to work with and it was easy to train the box office volunteers. You would need someone to "manage" the site for you. One of our PR Staff members does ours. It has certainly made us more organized and the box office runs smoothly. Check it out. 

Donnie Bryan
    Department Chair for Visual and Performing Arts
    Nashville TN

• 10.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 11:35
    We used BookTix for the first time last fall for our production of The Wizard of Oz and it was great.  Best descion doing on line sales and book tix made it easy and was always there to help if I needed help.  They helped double our sales for the show.  I will be using Book tix from now on for my on line ticket sales. 

Angela M Dashner M.A. Theatre Education 
    Mercy High School
    Omaha, Ne

Angela Dashner
    Omaha NE

• 11.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 14:04
    We just tried this out and used iTickets.com. The process was easy, they allow you to offer businesses that donate/support your program ad space on the ticket and purchasing website, have an Apple app to actually scan tickets as audience members arrive, and give you a comprehensive list of everyone who ordered tickets with phone, mail, and email address in a printable CVS file. I Loved it! That being said, I had hoped it would increase our attendance but the effect was negligible. It did cut down on confusion for pre-sold tickets.

Sheryl Davis Secondary Language Arts/Drama Director Sanford NC

• 12.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 14:26
    Booktix.com!! They are fantastic. Jason and his partners are very hands on and will give you marketing ideas that you never thought to use! In addition the support is fantastic and the ticketing website is so easy for parents and your theatre community to use you will wonder why you didnt use booktix before. 

Robert Sherman
    Theatre Arts, Director
    Rosarian Academy
    West Palm Beach FL

• 13.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-13-2017 15:24
    BookTix is the best option that I have found on the market.  I used to use ShowTix4U and was never satisfied with their service and the fact that with every ticket printed ticket stock was wasted.  I encountered Jason and company in Florida at the national conference and was sold by the simplicity of the system and the customer service provided.

On top of that they listen to their patrons and really strive to make the system user friendly and respond quickly to our needs.  BookTix is there for us the consumer.  I can't imagine ever switching ticketing services.  Last fall I had a list of things that I wanted for improvements to the system and before I had the chance to bring them up to Jason we got an update email from them, and darn it all of the improvements I wanted had been address and better than I had envisioned.

If you are looking to start using an online ticketing system you cannot do better than BookTix.  You will be happy with the decision to go with them.

Stewart Hawk Garfield Theatre Department Chair Washington State Thespian Co-Chapter Director 206-252-2408 sthawk@seattleschools.org http://www.garfieldstage.org/ http://washingtonstatethespians.com/

• 14.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-14-2017 06:32
    I've used BookTix for two years and can't say enough wonderful things! It's so user-friendly! I'm not super tech-savvy, and anytime I have questions I get a really fast response. Parents love it, students love it, community members love that they don't have to come on campus to buy tickets, and everyone loves choosing their preferred seats. My school's choir and band programs just joined this year, and they love it too. :-)

Merica Frost Eastvale CA

• 15.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-14-2017 06:55
    I too have used Booktix for the first time last fall. It took forever for my district to get on board with online ticketing( I started asking about it about five years ago.) We aren't allowed to take credit cards at the door, but cash sales are easy and that actually encourages people to get their tickets ahead of time. There is a per ticket fee, but you can set how much of it you want the patron to see and pay. We are absorbing the cost for online and presage tickets, but increasing our ticket prices by $2 at the door on the night of the show.

Sent from my iPad

• 16.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-17-2017 09:47
    We've used Booktix for the last two years after meeting the owners at the Florida EDTA conference. It's really easy to use, cheap, and the customer service can't be beat. Our audiences love reserving their seats so they don't have to line up an hour before show time, and they think the website is easy to use. They also like being "dinged in" at the door. It makes the whole experience feel very professional. Our last fall show sold out every performance for the first time ever, and a large part of that is due to the ease of Booktix. 

Kevin Carlson Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts Baltimore County Public Schools Baltimore MD

• 17.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-18-2017 20:01
    We just started using Booktix this year and so far, I'm loving it.  We are having a bit of an adjustment period to get patrons buying their tickets online...but the system is easy to use and helps organize box office sales.

Sarah Serbus
    Theatre Director
    Union R-XI School District
    Washington MO

• 18.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-19-2017 07:11
    We use Universe ticketing, as they have a non-profit price making it really cheap (free tickets or events are just that= free).  When using Universe, you use a wizard to create a whole page dedicated to information about our show that is on their website.  In addition, we can embed a widget for purchasing directly through our website.  With <g class="gr_ gr_846 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="846" data-gr-id="846">Universe</g> you can also add discounts to people who share information about your show via social media (we offer a 5% discount for people who tweet about our show), or discount codes if you want that feature.  We also use Universe because it lets us scan credit cards at the door (there are always one or two!).  The reports and tracking information is easy to understand and has allowed us to create a marketing email list of over 1000 people as we add new email addresses from online ticket sales.  We use MailChimp as our large scale email blaster, and with Zapier it connects to Universe as well.  

Finally, we use them because you can call them at any point to speak to someone and get help.  Since we switched to Universe our online sales have jumped drastically.  For our fall musical, we sold just over 2,000 tickets online.  Universe also allows you to refund or exchange tickets for your customers.  

Clearly, I think this program is great, and it looks like many others feel that way about the programs they use.  Happy choosing!

Jessica Harms
    Theatre Director
    Acton MA