Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-04-2020 19:06

Hi everyone,

I'm the director of a recently renewed thespian troupe and I'm doing my second induction/awards ceremony soon. I'm looking at the catalog to order awards. Is there a membership certificate that is separate from the induction certificate?  I'm trying to figure out where the students put their stars/officer stickers/scholar awards etc. that they receive each year. Our funds are limited, so getting the ITS Honors Ribbon for all 19 members - plus pins - is cost-prohibitive.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Pam Lisotta
    ITS Troupe #7848
    Pope John Paul II High School
    Slidell LA

• 2.  RE: Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-05-2020 06:35
    The certificates are the same. Add the stars at the bottom of the certificates.  

• 3.  RE: Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-05-2020 09:20
    We used to have to order the induction certificates separately. Now ITS includes them with the one-time induction fee, along with the the student's membership card, and thespian pin.  (Actually, a really good value for $35 that made my life a little easier. :-)  At the bottom, there is a place to put the "Point Stars and Honors Earned."  (Even more room, now that they are 8.5"x11")   I buy the star stickers and Honor bar stickers from the store and, if they are a new inductee, I'll go ahead and put the star stickers on myself.  If they are already inducted I'll give the new stars/bars to them in an envelope (they can take them home and put them on their certificate).

Also, the rules for stars seem to have changed in the last year or two.  It used to be that the first 10 points was for inductions, so you didn't become a 1-star thespian until 20 points etc.  Now, you earn your first star when you are inducted, and your second star at 20, etc.

Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown MD

• 4.  RE: Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-05-2020 09:25
    I buy inexpensive frames and keep their certificates in a display case until they graduate. I add stars and bars each May and then re-display the non senior certificates after the awards ceremony. Students receive their certificates at the awards ceremony the year they graduate.

Ann

Ann Hileman
    Indiana Executive Board
    Maconaquah High School
    Bunker Hill, IN

• 5.  RE: Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-06-2020 10:25
    Thank you!

Pam Lisotta
    Admissions Coordinator
    Archdiocese of New Orleans
    Slidell LA

• 6.  RE: Membership/Induction Certificates

Posted 05-12-2020 16:46
    I keep all the induction certificates.  At the end of their senior year, I put all their stars and bars on, and they receive their induction certificate with the correct stars and bars at our theatre banquet their senior year.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR