Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Drowsy Chaperone

Posted 05-30-2019 15:51
    Has anyone produced The Drowsy Chaperone with an expanded ensemble? If so, about how big was your cast? Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Drowsy Chaperone

Posted 05-31-2019 08:39
    I directed Drowsy with an expanded ensemble.  The cast  topped out at 40.  In addition to the named characters, I had extra reporters and poolside guests for "Show Off", several people acting as domestics, wedding guests, choreographed clouds in  "I Do I Do in the Sky", dancing monkeys on "The Bride's Lament".  It was a lot of fun trying to work people into the show in meningful ways.

------------------------------
    Robert Ellis
    Theater I-IV Honors
    Performing Arts Department Lead
    Cosby High School
    Midlothian, VA

• 3.  RE: Drowsy Chaperone

Posted 05-31-2019 08:49
    Hi Rob,

We did Drowsy with more than 40 in the cast. That worked just fine. There were lots of servants in the household.

I would urge you to consider how the expanded cast gets on and off the stage. They can't all go through the fridge. Our apartment had walls that could open like doors. That helped a great deal with traffic flow.

Have a good time!

Nathan Rosen
    Baltimore MD

• 4.  RE: Drowsy Chaperone

Posted 05-31-2019 14:14
    Hi all!  I used a huge cast!!  Servants al over the place!!  Guests for the wedding- both ensemble groups are in most of the numbers!  I would do this show again in a flash!!
    Maria

--
    Maria Madonis Palassis
    Oak Hills High School
    Director of Orchestras
    Director of Thespian Troupe 1256 Productions
    Drama Club Advisor
    Vocal Music Teacher: UnCommon Time,
    Treble Choir
    Musical Theatre Ensemble
    Piano Teacher
    Key Club Advisor