Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Play suggestions (Dance or social justice themes)

Posted 08-21-2018 16:33
    I am rebuilding the theater program at my school and looking for suggestions for our second show. We put on 12 Angry Jurors with a lot of success last year and are looking forward to involving more students this year. The only things students have requested is that this show has more action :) 

I have a couple of <g class="gr_ gr_1897 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="1897" data-gr-id="1897">ideas,</g> but am struggling to come up with the perfect show. Any suggestions that might fit either of the criteria below? 

1. We don't have the resources for a musical yet (no choir or band) but have a thriving dance department at the school. I would love to collaborate with them on a production that involves dancers. Can anyone think of a straight show that involves <g class="gr_ gr_1606 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="1606" data-gr-id="1606">dance / dancers</g>? 

2. Suggestions for contemporary plays about social justice issues that include a multi-racial/gender cast but do not require race-specific casting for any roles. 

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Ellie McIvor-Baker
    Portland OR
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Play suggestions (Dance or social justice themes)

Posted 08-23-2018 10:11

Thanks for such great responses.  AH