Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Technical Portfolio

Posted 02-25-2015 09:34

Hello all!

With the Southeastern Theatre Conference coming up next week, I have a question for all the people who review technical portfolios. How would you like to be presented a portfolio? Would you prefer digital or book form? I've been looking at a few different apps that would be neat to use on my ipad, but I wasn't sure if people would prefer a traditional book over an ipad slide show. 

My portfolio is mostly costume and prop construction and design. 

What is your preference? And if you use specific apps, what are they? 

------------------------------
    Grae Greer
    Marshall University
    Huntington WV
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Technical Portfolio

Posted 02-26-2015 21:11
    Grae - digital is common for job candidates and school but the content might differ. For an employee, I am most concerned with product, for a student, process. I like to see a student's sketch book. For both it is helpful to see process shots - e.g. rendering, mock up/draped dress form, final product - and to get a sense of detail. Hard copy doesn't need a battery and can be navigated in any order (which I like) while you control the presentation more in digital form. ------------------------------ John Friedenberg Director Of Theatre Department of Theatre & Dance Winston-salem NC ------------------------------