Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Radio Show

Posted 02-13-2015 10:15
    I am looking for suggestions for a radio show or two I can do as a classroom activity (and perhaps performance) with my novice Forensics students.  I have 8 students -- 4 boys, 4 girls.  Suggestions?

------------------------------
    Janet Rhoads
    Drama Teacher
    Andale KS

• 2.  RE: Radio Show

Posted 02-14-2015 10:22
    Playscripts offers a radio drama of War of the Worlds. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list to get to. Also, It's a Wonderful Life is available in a few different versions. That might not go over so well in the spring, though.

Dianne Daniels
    Birmingham AL

• 3.  RE: Radio Show

Posted 02-15-2015 13:57
    I used radio scripts and sound effect cds from http://www.ravenradiotheater.com/ and my middle school students performed these as live radio theatre. I cast radio actors, radio girls to sing the bumper music, and sound engineers to create live sound effects. All my students dressed in 1940s costumes. The Raven Radio Theater people were really great to work with and provided great customer service. I found RRT to be affordable, too. The only down side was some of the script material had stereotypical "Indian" characters, which we avoided. Obviously, we respect all cultures in my classroom/program and didn't feel comfortable having anyone portray a "Chief" character who speaks like Tarzan. The other scripts were appropriate and fun, like Pony Express Love Story & The Curious Case of the Carved Wooden Box. My students loved our Radio Plays and parents still rave about the live radio shows. Best wishes, -------------------------- Juliette Beck Head of Theatre, Teacher, Troupe Director Albuquerque NM ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Radio Show

Posted 02-14-2015 12:23

Steve Halper
    Theatre Tech Director
    Salpointe Catholic High School
    Benson AZ

• 5.  RE: Radio Show

Posted 02-14-2015 17:43

I did a radio unit last fall as we performed "It's A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play", which was really awesome.

You can find old radio scripts at:  http://www.genericradio.com/library.php   They have comedy, drama, mystery, etc. Hope you find what you want!!

Connie Sandoz
    Theatre Director
    Henderson NV