Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Improvisation Model Cornerstone Assessment

Posted 02-01-2015 20:20
    Hi All, I'm working on creating a Model Cornerstone Assessment for a Unit on Improvisation that I do every year. I would like it to be my contribution to the Common Core effort. It revolves around creating teams in all of my classes who compete against one another at the end of the year. It works like "Whose Line Is It Anyway". The kids love it and they learn a lot. The process of formalizing it into the Common Core Model has been fun. I'd love to collaborate with anyone. Do you have rubrics, prompts, resources, differentiation strategies you'd like to share? ------------------------------ James Waterhouse Arcadia CA ------------------------------

• 2.  Improvisation for Theater

Posted 02-02-2015 08:16

For 15 years I've been teaching year-long courses in Improv. I use critique sheets for tests - super feedback & assessments. I test with 100 points and just use ten 10 point categories for what each assessment is focusing on.

------------------------------
    Elyse Tomlinson

• 3.  RE: Improvisation for Theater

Posted 02-02-2015 10:32

Elyse,

Could you please post anything you would be willing to share?  This sounds like awesome resources!

Thanks!!

Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO

• 4.  RE:Improvisation for Theater

Posted 02-02-2015 18:44
    Dear Amy, I would also be interested in how you grade improv...especially for a full year course. Please share if you are willing :) Lorie Baldwin LAWRENCE HS Theater director NJ

-------------------------------------------
    Lorie Baldwin
    High School Theater Teacher and Director
    Richboro PA
    -------------------------------------------

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 5.  RE: Improvisation for Theater

Posted 02-03-2015 11:15

Critique Sheet

Improv Test

Pulling Threads

________________________________________________________________________Names

1          2          3          4          5          6          7          8          9          10

Group clothing

1          2          3          4          5          6          7          8          9          10

Use of troupe/stage picture

1st Round

2nd round

Characters

1          2          3          4          5          6          7          8          9          10        15        20

Action/relationships

Normal behavior while embracing the absurd

Development of Storyline

1          2          3          4          5          6          7          8          9          10        15        20       

Creative Use of Variable

Edits

______________

Total

Deductions

Language          25        50        75

(no crude language)

Clothing            25        50        75       

Gum                 25        50        75

ISM                 25        50        75

(Inappropriate subject matter including violence or the threat of violence)                                                       

Final Total _________

Elyse Tomlinson
    Nottingham NH