Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  ticketing

Posted 01-20-2015 12:01
    I appreciate the ticketing company discussions previously posted. Our stage is in an MPR and we have to set up/take down folding chairs for each performance so it is difficult to make assigned seating. Do you know if any of the suggested programs are set up for open seating? Thank you! ------------------------------ Debbie MacKinney Theatre Teacher, CTE Technical Theater, Troupe 7334 Advisor Tanque Verde Unified School District Tucson AZ ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: ticketing

Posted 01-21-2015 00:19
    Arts People definitely allows for general admission.  I don't know about the others.

------------------------------
    Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 3.  RE: ticketing

Posted 01-21-2015 09:37

Hi Debbie,

The program that we use allows for general admission tickets.  We use ShowTix4u.com.  Fairly easy to use, good customer service if you have a problem, no upfront costs.  Also, they have an agreement with MTI; if you are doing an MTI show you get a discount on showtix' services.

Break a Leg!

Josh

Josh Belk
    Director of Theatre
    Monument CO

• 4.  RE: ticketing

Posted 01-22-2015 07:42

Debbie,  

We do general admission seating and booktix has been wonderful for that.

Greg Franklin
    Bakersville NC

• 5.  RE: ticketing

Posted 01-23-2015 07:17

Valerie Scott
    Duluth GA
    We do it the old fashioned way because it's simple for all involved and we would never sell out our house.  If you do, you can ignore this post.  We buy a role of tickets-the kind you get at the carnival.  They are purchased General Admission before the show, at the door. I've done the math and doing separate children/adult ticket pricing comes out to almost the same as a lower general admission.  Ushers take up the tickets at the door.  It requires less organization, fewer parent volunteers and we use cast siblings as ushers.  Their ticket-taking parent needs something for them to do.  I have about 250 to 300 in my audience for each of my performances.