Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  puppet theatre adaptations: title feedback/suggestions, please?

Posted 01-16-2015 11:18

Hi, EdTA colleagues--happy new year!

We (the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, GA --  www.puppet.org) are investigating titles for future seasons and we'd love to tap into your wisdom!   As you're the ones creating art with and for middle school/high school audiences and, in some cases, taking them on field trips to see live theatre, you're the perfect folks to reach out to for feedback.

What are your thoughts about the following, please, as potential puppet theatre adaptations? 

1) "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett?

2) "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes?

3) Any other books/epic poems you'd like to see adapted for the puppet stage (that you'd make the effort to take a filed trip to see)?

I've been bragging to my colleagues at the Center for Puppetry Arts about the Educational Theatre Association and the wonderful folks (staff who run it and educators who fuel it) for years.  I am so proud to be a long-time member and to be able to meet and work with many of you/your students as a Guest Artist at festivals and conferences.  THANK YOU for all you do to preserve this thing we love and to move it forward!

Don't ever hesitate to let me know if there's anything I/we can do to support you and your students' work.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Aretta

------------------------------
    Aretta Baumgartner
    Education Director
    Center for Puppetry Arts
    Atlanta GA

404-881-5144

arettabaumgartner@puppet.org

• 2.  RE: puppet theatre adaptations: title feedback/suggestions, please?

Posted 01-20-2015 09:51

I'm not in a position to travel to see a production, but I think those are both great titles to adapt!

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    New Orleans LA