Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online Ticketing

Posted 01-07-2015 10:32

We are staging our high school production off-site next month, and the venue has been having difficulty with their ticketing system.

Has anyone had success with any online ticketing systems that were cost-effective and easy to use?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    John Plough
    Rome GA

• 2.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-08-2015 07:40
    We use showtix4u.com ------------------------------ James Smith Illinois Chapter Director Ridgewood High School ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-08-2015 10:35
    YES!!!  We used tix4u.com for our musical in November and had great success!  I am not a technology person...at all...but even I could figure it out.  The good people at tix4u handle it all for you once you sign up.  it costs only 45 cents a ticket which you can pass along to your customers so that you don't lose any money by using them.  I strongly recommend them!!

Bethany Bax
    teacher and play director
    Greencastle Community Schools
    Greencastle IN

• 4.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-09-2015 16:13

Online ticketing is clearly an important question for all of us that comes up often. Maybe there is a way to combine all the threads that have dealt with this into a FAQ? Or, perhaps there might be a way to create an info sheet that compares all the choices.

The cost savings of online ticketing are substantial. We used to pay about $350 to print a show set of tickets to sell. Now all the cost of online are covered by purchaser fees. Everyone accepts this as a way of life in 2015. Our ticket prices are just $5 student/$10 adult. AMC theaters is charging $12 or more for a movie.

Once I switched to online, I never looked back. We hardly run a physical box office any longer. I put the online site up at least a month earlier than we could run a box office in the past. I leave the online site up until show time, so if someone arrives and finds a line at the theater, they can use a phone to buy tickets and send them to an ap - without dealing with the box office at all.

For the record I used showtix4u and then switched to vendini.

Brownbag was another choice I remember researching.

Showtix was fine and simple to use. Vending is just more robust a system with real-time door checking and better reports. People can use their phones for the tickets, and you can use an iPod touch as a door scanner.

I did not have time to look in all the other choices we have heard about here. I expect that if something were going wrong with any of them, we would hear about it.

John

John Hauer
    Hillsborough CA

• 5.  RE: Online Ticketing

Posted 01-10-2015 10:51
    We use ticketleap.com.  I don't know all of the ins and outs of it as I don't manage it myself, but we like it a lot.  It lets you scan tickets from smartphones.

Jessica Satryan
    Arts Faculty: Music and Theatre
    Philadelphia PA