Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Mary Poppins

Posted 12-31-2014 13:35
    I am slated to do Mary Poppins in Early March. I would love to rent some of the props for the show. Does anyone know of a group near Illinois that may have props for borrow or rent? Any suggestions for staging the show would also be helpful. ------------------------------------------- Susan Cortesi Director of Theatre District 87 Bloomington IL -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Mary Poppins

Posted 12-31-2014 23:08

Have you checked out MTI Showspace? They have a section for community rentals. You might be able to find some useful items to rent. I've even gotten things for free that people were trying to get rid of, but didn't want to throw away.

http://www.mtishowspace.com/
    -------------------------------------------
    Hugh Fletcher
    Performing Arts Coordinator
    IS 229 Dr. Roland Patterson Middle School
    Bronx NY

• 3.  RE: Mary Poppins

Posted 01-01-2015 12:11
    I did go to MTI. Rentals for props are booked. I guess I will have to start making them! ------------------------------------------- Susan Cortesi Director of Theatre District 87 Bloomington IL -------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Mary Poppins

Posted 01-02-2015 13:56
    I'm doing Poppins in April (good luck to you) and Scott Mocabee (smocabee@chinchillatheatrical.com) has been harassing me to rent his props.  

Allen Price
    California MD

• 5.  RE: Mary Poppins

Posted 01-04-2015 00:52
    Paramount Theater over in Aurora has a production that closes today.

http://paramountaurora.com/events/marypoppins/

There's also a group over in Bartonville (Peoria) called Pop Factory Players that is doing MP at the end of this month. But they have no website or online presence.

Michael McDonough
    Stageworks Media
    New York NY