Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Spamalot Costumes - Props

Posted 12-13-2014 13:44
    Directing Monty Python's Spamalot...performances are March 26-28.  Is there anyone with a full set of costumes including The Black Knight and Bors willing to rent for a reasonable fee?  My cast numbers 40.  Also, has anyone had experience with the Broadway Motion projections who can tell me where you placed the projector in order to make the projections effective?

-------------------------------------------
    David Kramer
    Mt Sinai NY

• 2.  RE: Spamalot Costumes - Props

Posted 12-14-2014 18:01
    I directed Spamalot last year, and we had a great time with it... especially those of us who are Monty Python fans.  For the costumes, I rented most of mine from Appleton North High School in Appleton, Wisconsin.  I had seen their production and was amazed at the quality of their costuming.  I rented most of the "name" characters costumes, but many we were able to do ourselves from our own costume stock.  As for the projections, we rented them from Appleton as well, as they had a company do it for them.  We had no easy way to project them from the front or back, so had to do them on the side wall of the auditorium.  It worked, but not as well as I had hoped.  Have a great show!

Cary Shapiro
    Ankeny IA