Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Suggestions on reaching agents for rights?

Posted 12-09-2014 08:06
    Dear All,
    I would like to direct Neil Simon's RUMORS and applied for the royalty rights. A representative from Samuel French called me to clarify that Simon makes it very clear that none of the language can be changed without written permission and a substitute list from the agent. She gave me his email address and I have sent several messages without any return message from him.  Does anyone have a contact for an agent for Neil Simon that will reply?  I am running out of time!

Curtain's Up,

-------------------------------------------
    Catharine Rademacher
    Bloomington IN

• 2.  RE: Suggestions on reaching agents for rights?

Posted 12-09-2014 10:16
    I attempted the same thing several years ago. I ended up having to change to a different script. Just an FYI. I'd have a back-up ready just in case.

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Suggestions on reaching agents for rights?

Posted 12-10-2014 09:29
    I have heard of this with schools not only with full performances but also with forensic competitions. Simon is often not allowing any changes. Good Luck!

Maggie Ward
    Columbia MD

• 4.  RE: Suggestions on reaching agents for rights?

Posted 12-11-2014 13:27
    Yep... I applied for royalties for RUMORS this year three days before auditions were to be posted and even called asking if there are exceptions for high schools.  NOPE! 

I luckily had allowed myself a week of leeway because of Thanksgiving break so I did a lot of reading right before the break and found a great substitute-- The Movie Game.  9 characters and very funny! 

Hope you can find something and if you have a way around the RUMORS problem please share! 

Julie Estrada
    Loveland CO