Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-05-2014 07:52
    I am doing the Addams Family in the spring and am tempted to use the Show Ready reheasal feature from TRW.  My vocal coach is a little intimidated and fears she won't be able to use it easily.  Has anyone tried this?  Was it easy to use?
    Thanks for your input!

-------------------------------------------
    Katherine Miller
    Theater Teacher
    Paul VI Catholic High School
    Herndon VA

• 2.  RE: Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-06-2014 08:08
    We are using it right now and it's very user-friendly. The Show Ready rep who works wit TRW is also very responsive. However, my students all have iPads, so that was one compelling reason I paid for it, because I knew everyone could easily load it onto their device. My students also have previous experience using these types of tracks from other companies, such as MTI. We don't use it in rehearsal unless our music director is not present. The students use it on their own to rehearse songs and vocal parts. I would recommend it, if they students have devices in hand (phones, iPads, etc.) LH ------------------------------------------- Lisa Houston Pennington NJ -------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-06-2014 09:41
    We used Show Ready for CURTAINS last year and it was great. If you have any questions at all, just call them - they are very patient and helpful. ------------------------------------------- Joanne Karr Walnut CA -------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-08-2014 12:15
    I've been playing with the idea as well. Do you use the same program for the performances or is it a different program?

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 5.  RE: Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-09-2014 07:33
    We almost exclusively use rehearsal and show tracks to produce our musical. This past year we used Rehearse Score and Show Ready. Since we are a 1:1 school, all of the actors were able to download the music and sheet music to their iPads. Any changes in tempos, number of vamps, or key changes made by the vocal director, were immediately available to the students. ------------------------------------------- James Smith Illinois Chapter Director Ridgewood High School -------------------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Anyone used Show Ready from TRW?

Posted 12-09-2014 18:17
    Different programs are used for rehearsals and performances. Show Ready is the rehearsal program while Stage Tracks is the performance program. The new version of Stage Tracks for Addams Family looks and works very similar to Show Ready so once you learn one program you have really learned them both. 

Jameson McDougal
    Right On Cue Services
    Provo UT