Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Did You Know Ads--separate a single ad

Posted 11-21-2014 22:32
    Does anyone know how to separate the "Did You Know?" arts ads for actual use? I can download the pdf, see the spec page, see all the ads with their specs and bleeds, but the document is 25 pages total and I can't get any individual ads as a separate file even if I try to cut and paste (clearly not the correct approach). It's all 25 pages or nothing at all. I'm trying to put together the program for our upcoming show, but putting 25 pages of ad specs in there probably won't work and I'd really like to use one. :) Stupid-user friendly non-IT-savvy advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you kindly,

-------------------------------------------
    Jo Strom Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR

• 2.  RE: Did You Know Ads--separate a single ad

Posted 11-22-2014 03:34
    I used the info and made our own. Now that I think about it u bet you could use paint to isolate the one you want and then save as a jpg. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know. ------------------------------------------- Laura Steenson Theatre Director Reynolds High School Troutdale OR -------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Did You Know Ads--separate a single ad

Posted 11-23-2014 06:33
    You should be able to use the "Snipping" tool (Windows) or "Grab" tool (Mac) to do a screen capture of the ad you want while it is displayed on the screen and then make an image file out of it.  Either of those will let you copy just the section of the screen you want.  The "Print Screen" button does a screen capture of the entire screen and copies it to the clipboard and you can then paste that image into a document.  Once it is pasted in, you should be able to crop it down to just the section you want.

Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 4.  RE: Did You Know Ads--separate a single ad

Posted 11-25-2014 17:16
    Hello Jo.

We went a ahead and reconfigured the Did You Know ads and reposted a zip file in the Local Resources library. The zip file contains PDFs of the 24 individual ads so that you will not have to do any additional manipulation or clipping/cutting of the files. It is a much larger file, but it should make it easier for you to pick which version of the ad you want to use.

Hope this helps!

Christopher Hunt
    Director Of Marketing
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 5.  RE:Did You Know Ads--separate a single ad

Posted 11-29-2014 12:15
    Thank you, Chris! I shall try it today.

Jo Lane