Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Recorded Music

Posted 11-19-2014 10:03
    We are doing a production of Addams Family this coming May and might be using recorded music tracks instead of a live orchestra. I have a choice between using Right On Cue Services (ROCS) or the MT pit. I have use MT pit before and while the "rehearsal track" voice you hear every 45 seconds on their rehearsal tracks is annoying, I have nothing but praise for the quality of their performance tracks. The Show/Ready rehearsal program from ROCS looks great for its ability to isolate different parts and make edits, but I have heard some negative feedback about the system and the reliability of their Show/Tracks playback system. I was also told ROCS requires the students to pay to download the rehearsal track system. Can anyone who has used the ROCS tracks give me their opinion? I would especially like to hear from anyone who has used both the MT pit and ROCS in the past. Thanks,

-------------------------------------------
    Sean Blauvelt
    San Luis Obispo CA

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 2.  RE: Recorded Music

Posted 11-20-2014 09:19

I just closed this show last week and used a live orchestra. Is there any way you can use even partial recordings with a live pit? I found that having a live conductor helped to fix any tempo problems the students had.
    Lori Constable
    Teacher; director of Drama
    Independent District 112
    Chanhassen MN

• 3.  RE: Recorded Music

Posted 11-21-2014 13:43
    My name is Dave McDougal, and I am a representative of Right On Cue Services (ROCS). ROCS provides many rehearsal and performance products as you mentioned, but students are not required to pay to download the rehearsal system. Your license fee covers everyone involved in your production, and they can each freely download it to their Desktop Mac or PC. There is an additional iPhone/iPad/iPod app available for added convenience and portability, for a couple dollars on the iTunes store, but it is not required. The majority of the technical issues with our systems is related to the firewalls of individual schools or districts. We have many work around solutions and info regarding this on our website's support section. If you know of other issues, we would love to hear about them so we can address them ASAP! Please contact support@rightoncueservices.com. The next generation of StageTracks is about to be released, which allows you to make edits, tempo and key changes, vamps, etc, to the actual performance tracks-just like you can do in the rehearsal tracks. We also offer a conductible virtual orchestra, FillHarmonic, so that you can use a partial pit orchestra with a partial track, as the other poster asked. Finally, ROCS provides the authorized and endorsed tracks for Addams Family, as well as many other titles from TRW, Samuel French, and other licensing companies, so the legality of the products you are using is never in question. Thank you! ------------------------------------------- Dave McDougal -------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE:Recorded Music

Posted 11-22-2014 10:47
    Dave, Thank you for your informative post. You mention your FillHarmonic product, is this currently available specifically for Addams Family? Also for both the ShowReady and StageTracks products, is a live Internet connection required while using them or can you download the material and then use it offline? I ask because I have poor internet connectivity in my theater. I would still love to hear from anyone who has experience using these products either here in the forum or email me directly. Thanks,

Sean Blauvelt
    San Luis Obispo CA

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 5.  RE: Recorded Music

Posted 11-22-2014 11:26
    FillHarmonic for Addams Family is in its final stages of testing, and is being sent to a theater for a final test this week. We anticipate the public release will be shortly after that. For all of our products, you only need to be online to activate/download the software and show data, and then to send/receive edits. The rest of the time you work offline. Little or no internet connectivity in your theater is not a problem. Great questions, thanks! Dave ------------------------------------------- Dave McDougal -------------------------------------------