Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone directed the play DISTRACTED with High School?

Posted 11-07-2014 09:52
    If you have, or have thought about it, what did you do with ALL of the cursing? The content of the play is great and the writing is smart, but there is just no way we can produce this as is. If you have experience with this play, I'd love to hear from you. I am pretty sure that I got the idea for checking out this play from this forum. 

-------------------------------------------
    Faith Blasi-Krezalek
    Theatre Teacher, Founder
    Newark Collegiate Academy
    Newark NJ

• 2.  RE: Anyone directed the play DISTRACTED with High School?

Posted 11-11-2014 11:57
    Hi Faith! There was a thread a couple months ago that I think you'll find very helpful. There's some great expert advice about what to do in this situation that is applicable to any play you're considering:

Changing the book and copyright issues

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 3.  RE: Anyone directed the play DISTRACTED with High School?

Posted 11-12-2014 09:28
    I did DISTRACTED last January. It is an amazing show that is incredibly topical for a high school audience. I kept the entire show intact but had a sound cue that would bleep out all the bad words. The actors would often be holding a prop or their scene partner would and it became part of the "distraction" of the show. If you are interested in it I designed all my sound cues and video projections which was a monumental undertaking in Qlab and would be willing to license it to you for a small fee. Hope this helps! ------------------------------------------- Jason Peck Brentwood School Encino CA -------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Anyone directed the play DISTRACTED with High School?

Posted 04-07-2019 20:59
    I am interested in this show for next year.  I need to reread the script again but it is the kind of show we usually go for at my HS.

------------------------------
    K Lang
    Ticonderoga NY
    ------------------------------