Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Alice in Wonderland

Posted 11-05-2014 08:38
    Hello! I need a great script for Alice in Wonderland. Any suggestions? Thank you! 

-------------------------------------------
    Carolyn Kovar
    Florissant MO

• 2.  RE: Alice in Wonderland

Posted 11-05-2014 17:17
    I did the Tim Kelly version from Pioneer Drama a few years ago with middle schoolers and it was very well received people of all ages.  Many parents commented that it had enough wit to keep them entertained, but there was certainly enough for the young kids, too.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 3.  RE: Alice in Wonderland

Posted 11-06-2014 10:35
    I have two original script adaptations of Alice. One was adapted for middle school students. The other is actually in workshops right now for a March production. The second is adapted for high school students. I'm happy to share both just email me at shairston@cpsk12.org ------------------------------------------- Sarah Hairston Theatre/Debate Teacher Columbia MO -------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Alice in Wonderland

Posted 11-06-2014 09:36
    A few years ago, I wrote a script for ALICE because it didn't like any of the available ones that I had read because most of the best writing (the narration) was cut, so the remaining dialogue lost most of its charm. It is designed for a cast of more than 20 with some doubling and there are ideas for all of the effects that are clever but simple.

Email me if you're interested in reading it.

Barb Lachman
    Drama Director
    Shoreline WA

• 5.  RE: Alice in Wonderland

Posted 11-06-2014 14:47
    Under the EdTA Library, my adapted script version is available as "Alyse in Wonderland". It's about 70 minutes, royalty-free. Just give me credit. Other than that, go to it. I used the Jabberwocky poem as the framing device. It says Steampunk version, but really that isn't necessary at all. I did that with scenery and costumes. And you can add scenes as you see fit, or omit others. Whatever.

Jo Strom Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR