Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Short Christmas Play for elementary audience

Posted 11-04-2014 08:49
    I'm looking for a Christmas play that is appropriate for kindergarten-3rd graders to watch somewhere between 10-15 minutes long. We have about 20 high schoolers in my drama club that want to act in it and I'm also looking for something that is royalty free. A script that is already written would be ideal as we do not have much time in between our fall play and Christmas show to write one ourselves. Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------------
    Monica DeFelice
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    First Flight High School
    Kill Devil Hills NC

• 2.  RE: Short Christmas Play for elementary audience

Posted 11-05-2014 07:09
    Baker's Plays has a collection of royalty-free plays, pantomimes, songs, stories and poems titled Easy Programs for Christmas. Several years ago, we did the play "Christmas Time" from the collection for kindergarten and first grade in our district and the kids LOVED it. The high school students loved working with the show, it was relatively low tech, and the little ones were on the edge of their seats. Since then, we've done other pieces from the collection as well, and most of them work pretty well for elementary audiences.

Leslie Weinstein
    Monongahela PA

• 3.  RE: Short Christmas Play for elementary audience

Posted 09-10-2015 14:22

I am in need of a short Christmas script for an elementary audience as well.

Monica - what did you end up using? I am having trouble finding quality scripts!

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Elisabeth Heard
    Columbia SC

• 4.  RE: Short Christmas Play for elementary audience

Posted 09-11-2015 19:23

Hi Elisabeth -

The OP was looking for HS students to perform for elementary. Are you in the same situation? (if so, I have no suggestions)

If not and you're seeking a show for ES students to perform themselves, have a look at:

Twas the Week After Christmas

Michael McDonough
    New York NY

• 5.  RE: Short Christmas Play for elementary audience

Posted 09-14-2015 14:53

Thank you, Michael. I am looking for a script for 8th graders to do for elementary. Thanks anyway!

Elisabeth Heard
    Columbia SC