Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theatre App

Posted 09-27-2013 17:56
    What unique theatre/education related apps do you use in your classroom? ------------------------------------------- David Kelley -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-27-2013 23:25
    Critique It and Direct It. These are both apps I use on my ipad.
    -------------------------------------------
    Laurilea Williams
    Theatre Director
    Headstrong Theatre

• 3.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-28-2013 07:29
    I'd love a recommendation of an app that records a rehearsal that then can be sent out to the students. Any suggestions?

Phebe Hibshman

• 4.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-28-2013 02:02
    There is a new company called threering.com that has created an app.  This app allows you to capture video clips from students and then upload it (not to your phone).  The clip can be tagged and labeled to allow for easy sorting later.  Some of our teachers are using this to capture base line data on student performance and then be able to compare it to end of the year data.  

I also use and app called pickme.  It allows you to select students at random and track some basic details about their response to what you ask them to do after selecting them.  
    Steven Fleming
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Howard County Public School System

• 5.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-28-2013 09:38
    Not theatre exclusively, but I highly recommend remind 101 for teachers to send info via text to parents and students without sacrificing privacy ------------------------------------------- Ryan Moore -------------------------------------------

• 6.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-28-2013 11:51
    I also like Remind 101 for rehearsal reminders, assignment due dates, etc. Students cannot reply so you can't get questions but they also can't clog up your inbox. Super easy to use and keeps track of very message you send. ------------------------------------------- Irene Imboden Teacher/ Drama Director Troy City Schools -------------------------------------------

• 7.  RE:Theatre App

Posted 09-28-2013 13:31
    I just started using Remind 101. It's easy and free! ------------------------------------------- Michael Stofko Teacher -------------------------------------------