Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Secret Garden accents

Posted 10-06-2014 10:26
    Hello,
    Awhile ago I asked about doing Secret Garden and someone suggested a line of dialect/accent tapes to use for the characters of Dickon and Martha.  I thought I saved the post, but cannot find it.  Could anyone make a suggestion of something they have used that worked well?

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------
    Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 2.  RE: Secret Garden accents

Posted 10-14-2014 15:47
    Hi Holly! There was a previous post about Dialect Resources for Beginners that had several good suggestions, hope this helps!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 3.  RE: Secret Garden accents

Posted 10-16-2014 18:49
      |   view attached
    There are some decent, inexpensive dialect programs available on Audible.com -- my daughter and I enjoy Paul Meier's "Accent Your Character" series, although more for entertainment than actual instruction. I haven't listened to this one, but it seems targeted to the right area (Yorkshire) for the "Secret Garden" characters you mention. If you're not familiar, Audible is a division of Amazon, and it's easy to download the app for use with any mobile device. Students will be more likely to listen to these programs than to use CDs, I think. Good luck! Love that show.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Drama-Poetry/Access-Accents-Audiobook/B0036GRFKI/ref=a_pd_Self-D_c4_1_5_i_pd_sims_1?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0GT6N7E6YDPEPV4ZCCXE&pf_rd_m=A2ZO8JX97D5MN9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=detail-page&pf_rd_p=1814839622&pf_rd_s=center-4

Julie Coppens
    Juneau AK