Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Advice on Portable Sound Equipment

Posted 09-19-2014 08:47
    I am not a tech savvy person, but I am learning!  I need some advice on sound equipment.  For many reasons, it would be beneficial for my Theater program to have its own sound system, separate from the one wired in our theater now.  I have seen one used at a performance that ran full sound and several headset mics from a portable system.  It would be nice to have that at home and for travel.  Where would I start looking at something like that?  Thoughts?  Thanks for any help!

-------------------------------------------
    Georgann Lanich
    Upper School Theater Director
    Tallulah Falls School
    Tallulah Falls GA
    -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Advice on Portable Sound Equipment

Posted 09-20-2014 10:26
    Over the past 7 years we have built up our own sound system. We have 20 wireless microphones (purchased over the past 10 years) and are upgrading our microphone collection 3-4 per year. We have purchased a digital 32 channel board (Berringer), a digital snake (Berringer), a digital pit mixer for the conductor) and this year we are purchasing powered speakers and subwoofers for our productions. We are not a wealthy school and every dollar is raised by fund raisers and ticket sales. With our new sound system, we can be heard over our student pit orchestra, and for our straight plays, my weak voices can be heard in the balcony of our 1000+ seat theatre. During our theatre remodel this year we will set up in our cafeteria, but the show goes on no matter what. I hope this help a little. Contact me if you want more details. Warren Kerr - Theatre Arts ------------------------------------------- Warren Kerr Theatre Arts Teacher Auburn School District Auburn WA -------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Advice on Portable Sound Equipment

Posted 06-10-2015 12:00

Georgann

Hope you got this sorted out.  If not feel free to ccontact me- maybe my 40 years of working with sound can be of some use to you

908-899-1277

908-295-7171

------------------------------
    Rod Reilly
    Somerset NJ
    ------------------------------