Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bobby costume?

Posted 09-16-2014 11:56
    I am doing Jack the Ripper this fall and am having trouble locating some Bobby costumes. Any suggestions on where to go? Norcostco, Costumer, and Theatre House were all busts...

-------------------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 2.  RE: Bobby costume?

Posted 09-17-2014 09:57
    You can make your own!  When we did "Pirates of Penzance" a while back I just bought close matching colored suit jackets and used those.  You just cut the lapels at the collar line, fold the new collar up and stiffen it, then fold the lapels over and add snaps, then put buttons on top to finish off the look.  Not sure if all of that made sense, but I added some pictures so you could see it.  Norcosto and Theatre House have Bobby style hats you can use.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Amy Crane
    Michigan City IN

• 3.  RE: Bobby costume?

Posted 09-17-2014 12:27
    Thanks. The pics aren't coming up well. can you send them to me? Schwartz.Shira@cusd80.com

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 4.  RE: Bobby costume?

Posted 09-18-2014 15:04

We also went the DIY route for Pirates.  I found some really inexpensive pea coats at a discount store (a place called Rainbow, which might be NYC only) and paired them helmets and plain black pants.  To make them look a bit more authentic we replaced the black buttons with silver.

Catherine Clark
    Brooklyn NY