Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Flipped Drama Classroom

Posted 09-19-2013 17:42
    I'm sure you've heard of FLIPPING your classroom. It's all the rage! As Drama teachers, we know how important it is to get the students actively engaged. But I have to admit...I spend a lot of time up in front of the students talking at them, instead of actively engaging them. We never seem to have enough time to do acting exercises and rehearse and perform. 

Take a look at the link below. It gives some great ideas for flipping your Drama classroom. At the EdTA conference, I will be sharing my successes and challenges using some of the great technology tools available to students. 

http://edbean.com/flipped-drama-classroom/

I wish everyone safe travels to Minneapolis and look forward to connecting with you, sharing ideas, and strengthening theatre education.

-------------------------------------------
    Adam Moreno
    Middle School Drama and Dance Teacher
    University School of Milwaukee
    @USMDrama
    -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE:The Flipped Drama Classroom

Posted 09-28-2013 12:15
    Thanks for this info. And the website suggestions. We are excited about the opportunity to try this maybe with a few units and see what happens. ------------------------------------------- Kathleen McNulty Theatre Teacher/Director Arnold High School -------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE:The Flipped Drama Classroom

Posted 09-28-2013 13:43
    Thanks for posting this! I couldn't make the workshop but I still need food for thought! ------------------------------------------- Irene Imboden Teacher/ Drama Director Troy City Schools -------------------------------------------