Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Alumni

Posted 09-18-2013 15:08
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

I have been asked to share an Alumni story that I posted on Facebook back in July.  It illustrates just how small the world is and far reaching Thespian Society is.

I had taken a Great Western Adventure vacation and remained out west after leadership summit in Denver on July 20th.  Just me, a camera, some outdoor gear and a rental car exploring the Badlands, Little Big Horn, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, and the Tetons.

I am sitting at breakfast at the Great Spirit Ranch B&B, 12 miles down a dirt road, in the middle of the Wyoming back country (where mail is only delivered twice a week). I am eating this extraordinary breakfast of waffles with homemade apple cinnamon syrup, fruit and sausage and my elderly host, Irene, brings out this old yellowed scrapbook.  Inside the scrapbook is a thespian induction certificate and pin from her New Jersey High School troupe.  Irene is a thespian, and in fact she and her husband, Allan, go into town in Newcastle and work with a community theatre group.  They try to drive out and get to plays in Rapid City, Cheyenne and even Denver as much as possible, also.  It was just amazing and heartwarming to talk with her about her time in her high school troupe and the shows she has done.  I sent Irene and alum pin.  Attached is a picture of her induction certificate and pin (they haven't really change:).

-------------------------------------------
    Karen Pionke
    Theatre Teacher
    Gurnee District 56
    EdTA Board of Directors

• 2.  RE:Alumni

Posted 09-19-2013 00:13
    What a cool story! Thanks for sharing! :) 

Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

• 3.  RE:Alumni

Posted 09-19-2013 00:32
    That is so great to see how small the world really is and many thespians there are out there. Thanks for sharing!!! 

D'Andre Carter
    Region 1 Rep