Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  online podcasts

Posted 07-24-2014 17:18
    curious if you know of any free sites that would allow students to post videos or podcasts -- We want to have announcements available online to share with the community -- Sites like youtube & facebook are blocked at our school - I have been looking, but havent really found anything that is free.... ------------------------------------------- Darleen Totten TX -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE:online podcasts

Posted 07-24-2014 22:26
    You could try Vimeo? I've used it a couple times. However, I don't know if it'll get through your school blocks.

I know my teachers use TeacherTube.

Much like YouTube, but very academic!

-------------------------------------------
    Danysha Lamadieu
    Covington GA
    -------------------------------------------

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 3.  RE:online podcasts

Posted 07-25-2014 06:28
    I believe wix sites allow you to add video. I know they allow audio. ------------------------------------------- Heather Brandon Bakersfield CA ------------------------------------------- Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 4.  RE: online podcasts

Posted 07-26-2014 19:45
    Does your school also block School Tube? It like YouTube but strictly for schools and you as the teacher have complete control over whomever posts. ------------------------------------------- Earlene DeLeon Maple Valley WA -------------------------------------------

• 5.  RE: online podcasts

Posted 07-26-2014 09:39
    Have you tried Edmodo or Vimeo? Wix only allows you to embed a video that is already hosted on another site such as Youtube, so sadly that option won't work. ------------------------------------------- Jessica Harms Tewksbury Memorial High School Tewksbury MA -------------------------------------------

• 6.  RE: online podcasts

Posted 07-26-2014 11:25
    Due to the million options that are out there, technology can be a little confusing. My advice to everyone is...don't get overwhelmed, don't give up, and keep exploring until you find what works best for you and your students. Here's a great article about a lot of different video sharing sites to use instead of YouTube: http://chaos-laboratory.com/2007/08/30/top-31-free-alternatives-to-youtube-video-hosting-sites/ I hope it helps! ------------------------------------------- Adam Moreno Drama and Dance Teacher University School of Milwaukee Milwaukee WI edbean.com @USMDrama -------------------------------------------