Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Grants for sound equipment

Posted 07-22-2014 08:46
    I am leaving my current school and going to a much smaller school that has a very out-of-date theatre.  They are trying to restart their program, and one of the first items I think we need is sound equipment.  I currently have 3 really good quality boundary mics, but we don't have any thing else.  First, what should we look into acquiring as a basic sound system?  Second, does anyone know of any educational theatre grants for new equipment, or other grants, or places that we can find perhaps good quality used equipment.  

-------------------------------------------
    Jennifer Miguel
    Suffolk VA
    -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Grants for sound equipment

Posted 07-23-2014 08:53
    Hello Jenn! Where is your new school? There might be some local resources, but I don't know if you will still be in VA. I would start with floor or hanging microphones to provide general amplification of what is happening on stage. This is especially helpful with ensembles for musicals when you have a pit band and shows with casts to large to individually amplify everyone. I use Sweetwater as my go-to for all audio equipment and find they have great customer service when you call and say, "This is my situation. What do I do?" ------------------------------------------- Jessica Harms Tewksbury Memorial High School Tewksbury MA -------------------------------------------