Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Scene Partner A

Posted 07-21-2014 07:41
    Does anyone use the Scene Partner App with their students for scripts they are producing? I was wondering about advantages/disadvantages you might have found. As we are pressed to "include technology" and yet rely on the printed word, my administration might count this as "adding technology" to my program, but I only want to go forward if I can see some clear advantages. Or is it best used as an addition to the printed script? Thanks for any insight. Holly ------------------------------------------- Holly Thompson Worthington OH -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE:Scene Partner A

Posted 07-21-2014 12:17
    Meh. It's good in theory, but they nickle and dime you quite a bit. It's also only available as an app on Apple devices, so kids that have android devices are out of luck. I'm a big fan of EdTech, but technology should be a tool that makes your life easier. I found that Scene Partner made me work harder and that defeats the purpose. When the partnership with MTI came out, I told my kids they could use it and get a copy of their West Side scripts to use on their phones for $4.99, none of them wanted to do it. If you want to make sides a able for audition, each actor would have to pay $1.99. I do really like the Scene Study app - it's only $1.99 and you can do voice recording to work on lines, so it's practical for both class and after school scenes. There is a similar app for android called Dialog Partner for .99. I think there is a list of theatre related apps in the library on here that you might try out.

-------------------------------------------
    Heather Brandon
    Bakersfield CA
    -------------------------------------------

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile