Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Fog Machine?

Posted 07-19-2014 15:55
    I am hoping to purchase a "pea soup" type fog machine. I've been looking at the City Theatricals 3300 and a smaller unit actually called "The Pea Souper." Sadly, we do not have a rental outlet in Huntsville any longer, so renting is very difficult. Does anyone have experience with such a unit? Does anyone have a great place to purchase one? Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a used unit? Thanks for any advice, input, thoughts you can provide. ------------------------------------------- Connie Voight Alabama Randolph School Huntsville AL -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Fog Machine?

Posted 07-19-2014 18:08
    Pea Soupers are great if you need the FX to last a long while. If 3-5 minutes is long enough then a Nimbus works great And is much cheaper. Both require dry ice and heat up time. I bought a Nimbus for our production of Shrek this year For about $1000. And it worked great. Its also smaller than a Pea souper and is one unit vs the fog machine forcing fog into The souper chamber (basically like a giant trash can) Check out the nimbus on line. There are utube vids that shows how it works. Good luck ------------------------------------------- Ron Wells -------------------------------------------