Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Grant Money for Tech Equipment

Posted 07-15-2014 13:43
    Hey folks,
    I've been looking for weeks and cannot find any grant applications that provide money for updating lights/sound equipment.  Anyone have any leads?  Thanks!

-------------------------------------------
    Josh Ruben
    Fine Arts Head
    Chattanooga TN

• 2.  RE: Grant Money for Tech Equipment

Posted 07-17-2014 12:16

I'm not aware of any offhand, but they can be found in the strangest places within your local community. For example, a flood destroyed the carpet of a community theatre I work with and we were able to get a grant to replace it through a local art festival.

You might also look at larger chain stores in your area, like Target, Lowe's or Wal-Mart. They often have community outreach programs that fund educational programs and the arts. You might even be able to work out a sponsorship or a donation. Broadening your search terms might help too, if you're trying something very specific like "facility enhancement grants" maybe try searching for "school grants, " "arts grants" or peruse the many options on grants.gov

If you aren't successful at finding a grant, there are lots of unique fundraising ideas here in the Community, just type in "fundraising" in the search bar.

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY