Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online College Directory

Posted 08-24-2013 22:21
    I now know how to read a digital copy of DRAMATICS. Yay..Great issue by the way.
    Now I had a student who wanted to research Theatre education colleges or Theatre credential or Theatre license. On the drop down menu, there is no choice for that, so she could view all of the colleges/universities in our database that offer Theatre ed.
    Am I missing a function?
    Thank.
    I also love how quickly my questions are answered.

-------------------------------------------
    Gai Jones

• 2.  RE:Online College Directory

Posted 08-25-2013 11:04
    I am not totally sure about a drop down in the menu. There might be one, but I do not see it! If we have one though, that would be a great resource! I do know of one colleges that has a good Theatre Education program, though, that is really worth looking at! Southern Illinois University Edwardsville has a great Theatre Education program. Their website is www.siue.edu. Peter Cocuzza, who I believe is the head of the theatre department, is always very nice and ready to answer questions; his e-mail is pcocuzz@siue.edu. Then, there is Leslie Van Leishout, who is in charge of theatre education specifically. She is also great and always answers my questions quickly. She is new to SIUE, but if she does not know, she has always contacted Mr. Cocuzza! Her e-mail is theatreteach@gmail.com. Hope this helps some! :) 

Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

• 3.  RE:Online College Directory

Posted 08-25-2013 12:30
    Thanks, Gai! I believe there is an option for colleges that offer theatre education degrees in the online directory. Under "Type of Degree and Major," select the option for "BA/BS Theatre Education." That should bring up about 31 matches. Is that what she needs or is she looking for something more specific?

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 4.  RE:Online College Directory

Posted 08-26-2013 11:52
    The searchable database version of the Dramatics College Theatre directory is accessible through the Pubs nav (mouse over Publications and then move the mouse to Dramatics to get a second drop-down). Right now we're not promoting it heavily because we're in the process of updating the school profiles for the 2013-14 recruiting season. We expect to have the directory substantially updated by late September, with more to come through the fall. We'll give it much higher visibility then.

Glad you enjoyed the September Dramatics, Gai.

Don  

Don Corathers
    Director of Publications