Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Xanadu and Xanadu Jr.

Posted 06-29-2014 22:04
    Hello,

I am curious about the differences in both price and content in producing MTI's Xanadu and Xanadu Jr.
    What experience do you have with either version? MTI lists Xanadu as being rated PG,
    and a one act. Do you know how long this version runs?
    As for the Jr. version, MTI lists the musical as being rated G, and also a one act. Do you know how long the Jr. version is?
    We have really strong dancers, singers and actors but a limited budget. Any help/tips/info
    you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, EdTA community!

-------------------------------------------
    Juliette Beck
    Head of Theatre, Teacher, Troupe Director
    Albuquerque NM

• 2.  RE: Xanadu and Xanadu Jr.

Posted 06-30-2014 13:07
    If you have pricing/packaging questions, you should contact MTI.  Every theatre is different so our pricing is different. 

I have not done the show personally but Xanadu itself is about a 90 minute show without an intermission built in.
    The JR versions are usually 70 minutes or less.

Hopefully this helps.

Alan Strait
    Teacher
    CCSD
    Henderson NV

• 3.  RE:Xanadu and Xanadu Jr.

Posted 07-01-2014 19:02
    We just did Xanadu. We had one set, similar to Briadway. We just kept adding large prop pieces to it to change the scene. We borrowed Pegasus from another high school and we had our Back to the 80s costumes which were perfect since it takes place in the 80s. We borrowed roller skates and we didn't have the whole cast skate. That saved money. You have Kira, Danny and Sonny. Next you have Melpomene and Calliope. They are strong girls. Then you have your minors who sing: muses, backup kids (which can be the same as muses if you want), Greek gods/goddesses (these can also be the same). We had dancers in ours as the sirens and we had lead dancers in Whenever You're away from me and Dancin. We had a large cast so I fit people where I could. Message me with any specific questions I can amswer. ------------------------------------------- Carolyn Little High School English Teacher Toms River Board of Education Beachwood NJ ------------------------------------------- Sent via Higher Logic Mobile