Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Murder Mystery Suggestions?

Posted 06-09-2014 09:01
    Greetings to one and all. I am looking to do I murder mystery dinner theatre piece next year and was looking for suggestions. I am specifically looking for a comedic piece that would allow my kids to interact with the guests, requiring them to stay in character. Thanks all in advance for the suggestions.

Scott

-------------------------------------------
    Scott Cooney
    Cinnaminson NJ

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 2.  RE: Murder Mystery Suggestions?

Posted 06-09-2014 10:25
    There are several sites for murder mystery type parties. You could look there for something that might work.  You could also make it into a student written piece by giving each student a character to develop and then they can write the play from the character point of view.  Murder mysteries all have a pretty basic format.  The biggest thing is audience interaction with the actors. This forces the actor to really develop characters because they need to improv through the audience questioning sessions.

http://www.nightofmystery.com/shop/

Kelly Thomas
    Mesquite TX

• 3.  RE: Murder Mystery Suggestions?

Posted 06-09-2014 15:01
    My students did Murderous Crossing last year (Samuel French).  It's a decent script with light interaction, not as much as you're looking for, I'm sure.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 4.  RE: Murder Mystery Suggestions?

Posted 06-10-2014 07:27
    Last season my students and I put on "Til Death Do Us Part" by Craig Sodaro from Eldridge Publishing and had a blast with it. You plant some of the students in the audience to help with "finding" clues. The audience reaction and feedback I got was awesome. Easy to costume and set wise as well. Hope this helps. ------------------------------------------- Robert Jessup Advanced Drama Teacher Franklin High School Franklin, NC -------------------------------------------