Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Wizard Effect in The Wizard of Oz

Posted 05-30-2014 14:30
    Im currently co-directing a production of The Wizard of Oz in my town and I'm looking for ideas on how to create the effect of the wizard's face in Oz.  I'm open to using projection but we are kind of at a loss as to what it should look like and how to do it.  Any suggestions on how to do it or how you've done it in the past would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------
    Heidi Frederic
    Gonzales LA

• 2.  RE: The Wizard Effect in The Wizard of Oz

Posted 05-31-2014 07:31
    Hi Heidi,

There is an app called Morpho.  You can take a still picture or a series of still pictures and animate it.  This app will also record short bits of dialogue and add special effects to the animation.  You can even change the pitch of the actor's voice to make him scary.  You can also film your OZ and create a similar movie in imovie.   If you do not have a front/rear projection screen you can purchase shapes  from RoseBrand.com or if you are on a budget, I have made multiple projection screens out of PVC and dollar store shower curtains.

If you email me I can send you a sample of what we first created using Morpho.  It is not the final project but it will give you an idea for the start.

Laurie Wood
    Drama Teacher
    Middlesex Board of Education
    Watchung NJ