Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Flipped Classes

Posted 05-12-2014 15:12
    I saw a posting from last fall about how to flip the drama classroom - I was wondering if anyone has done it.  If so, what are your thoughts?  What were the results?  

I am considering flipping for a Leadership course I teach and thought about extending it to my Acting classes at some point.  Hmmmmm....... ponder, ponder.......

-------------------------------------------
    Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO

• 2.  RE:Flipped Classes

Posted 05-13-2014 09:46
    I am wondering about this too. My plans currently, because I haven't done this yet, would be to post the required theory modules (the material that's arbitrarily tested on a district exam) and that to pass the class, students need to complete a unit test taken in class. Flipping a class for theatre could make sense for certain segments of the theatre curriculum, and I think I may make use of this in my Technical Theatre classes, to teach segments on the various aspects of technical theatre that need to be covered/taught. 

I would love to hear other ideas as I start my planning for next year. I'm wondering if flipping the class would help free up more class time for rehearsal and practical application of concepts learned in the flipped presentations. 

Phillip Goodchild
    Valrico FL