Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Flooring Consultant?

Posted 11-29-2016 10:31
    Hi all!

I know this has come up before, but I’m looking for a flooring consultant for our theatre. Our stage floor is the original floor that was laid in 1976. I know the stage itself is a concrete slap with the flooring laid over it (there are various layers, as I understand) and, as you can imagine, it has seen better days. Are there any flooring consultants in the Chicago area that could come look at it and give us some ideas on how to replace it? I’m thinking cost-effective, workhorse floor. I’ve read about various grades of hardboard, but would need specifics as I’m working on creating a proposal for our district and need all my ducks in a row.

Thanks!

---
    Patrick McGuire
    Round Lake High School
    Theatre Director
    ITS Troupe Director #1058
    www.roundlaketheatre.com
    [cid:image001.png@01D24A23.4D780DF0]

• 2.  RE: Flooring Consultant?

Posted 11-30-2016 03:46

We can help.  We've specified any floors over the years.  As an independent consultant we have no interest in the sale of goods or installation (other than following-up on behalf of the owner to see that the product submittals and installation meet the specifications). We can design a flooring solution that suits your constraints.  Please contact me to discuss your project needs.

------------------------------
    Erich Friend
    Theatre Consultant
    Teqniqal Systems