Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-02-2016 12:09

We used MTPit on a musical recently and were quite pleased overall.  

Now, we are considering Show|Ready™ and Stage|Tracks™ provided by ROCS (Right on Cue Services) for a show.

Any opinions as to relative merits? Overall quality of the two formats? Key things to consider when choosing one over the other?

Thanks for your time and feedback!

------------------------------
    Bill Jacobsen
    Drama Teacher / Curriculum Leader
    Hunting Hills High School
    Red Deer Alberta

• 2.  RE: Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-02-2016 12:29

I've used their products for 2 shows and found it really user friendly

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-03-2016 09:32

I have used both of the products discussed and they are similar. I liked both and both were very easy to use.

Candice Corcoran
    Kennesaw GA

• 4.  RE: Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-03-2016 10:20

I like ROC a little bit better.  One of the reasons was the price was a lot better for me.  I liked the Ipod use for MTpit but i like the editing ability of ROC.  I like how you can track your edits and changes too.   ROC can break down individual notes and parts but sometimes you have to filter through a list of 14 characters to find it.   but I also like the CDs that MTpit sends out to send home with your actors.  But mostly,  I suggest to just look at what each can offer you and decide what things do you need.   

Ryan Lee
    Royal Palm Beach FL

• 5.  RE: Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-03-2016 10:30

Right on Cue has updated their technology --- amazingly it's all in the Cloud so that your edits/changes made in the Rehearsal software (Show Ready) is communicated immediately to the performance software (Stage Tracks).

In the past, ROCS had to make the customization themselves - now it's all automatic.

And if you're using the Show Ready product only (those programs blessed with live musicians), the remarkable perk with this rehearsal resource is that every change you make is instantly communicated to each member of your cast --- again via that nebulous Cloud. First: there's no passing around a CD for every cast member to download the midis - they download it from a master link you distribute. And then every time a change is made - 'presto' - it's sent to everyone. Plus the midis include piano, bass & drums - unlike all the others out there that are piano-only.

I'll use the word 'cool' to describe the product, even though it dates me. Cool.

https://www.rightoncueservices.com/

(Full disclosure: TRW has a partnership with ROCS.)

Michael McDonough
    TRW Director of Amateur Licensing
    New York

• 6.  RE: Accompaniment / Performance Tracks

Posted 11-03-2016 13:14

Here at Samuel French we partner with ROCs on a number of our premiere musicals. We think it is a great alternative for schools and theatres that might not have the ability to have live music. ROCs is made from live recordings of orchestras which give it a high-quality sound and make it great for performances. The performance tracks run through iOS and rehearsal tracks run on iOS and Windows/MacOS and can be made available to you and your cast and crew. It makes rehearsing a breeze and the transition to the stage is seamless. Our website has some more information and check out the individual product pages (for the shows with ROCS) in order to hear samples of the music. http://www.samuelfrench.com/tracks

Lawrence Haynes
    Marketing Associate: Musicals
    Samuel French
    New York NY