Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Need a simple dinner mystery

Posted 10-19-2016 06:18
    Need a dinner mystery show that is simple, successful, and realistic for a young program with inexperienced actors.

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Need a simple dinner mystery

Posted 10-21-2016 11:02

We had a fun time doing "The last dance of Dr. Disco". 

------------------------------
    Paul Hampton
    State Director of Georgia
    Columbus GA

• 3.  RE: Need a simple dinner mystery

Posted 10-27-2016 07:53

I was on the same hunt last year this time for my Fundamentals of Theatre class.  I came across TonyLou Productions, Murder Mystery Script Packages. We did their I Love Lucy Spoof, "Trouble at the Tropicabana," and we laughed the whole time. 

Fatcow remove preview
    Murder Mystery Script Packages
    Since 1999, Tonylou Productions has provided top notch dinner theater shows and quality murder mystery script packages. Over the years, we've perfected the art of writing and performing murder mysteries, and we feel confident our shows -- and your productions -- will be of a caliber your clients have come to expect and appreciate.
    View this on Fatcow >

Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Lake Park GA

• 4.  RE: Need a simple dinner mystery

Posted 10-27-2016 10:27

Was directed to a cool site, Mysteries by Moushey (I had to double check, I thought it was 'Murders by Moushey; that should send the robo-flaggers in school networks to have a fit or two):

Mysteries By Moushey

Mysteriesbymoushey remove preview
    Mysteries By Moushey
    For over 20 years, we've presented interactive comedy-mysteries throughout the Midwest. These were so successful that we made our scripts available to theatres, schools, and other mystery-lovers. To date, over 1,300 groups around the world have used Moushey scripts and production packages to produce their own mysteries.
    View this on Mysteriesbymoushey >

We're planning to do one this year, 'Trouble at the Talent Show'. What I like is that they offer an entire package of how to set it up, production wise, and fit in the different elements (the dinner service, the resolution, and so on). Very helpful to someone like me who has never done a dinner mystery theatre before! If you've done it before, then this might not matter. Have fun!

Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL