Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Peter and The Starcatcher

Posted 10-18-2016 09:22
    I am trying to figure out a way to create a floating/magical water effect with material for the lagoon in Peter. I have tried nylon materials but you have to continually move them to create a billow. I need a good amount of material as well...Any ideas would be appreciated. Stumped on this one.

--
    Jennifer Jordan
    Director of Theater & Dance
    Miss Hall's School
    413-395-7023

• 2.  RE: Peter and The Starcatcher

Posted 02-15-2017 23:25
    I know this was quite a while ago, but did you ever come up with a solution to your problem?  I'm doing the show in several months and I am searching for ideas.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Sarah Gerling
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Columbia MO

• 3.  RE: Peter and The Starcatcher

Posted 02-16-2017 10:57
    Sarah,

Hah! I just replied to your other posting. We did! We ended up using a gauzy, gold fabric that was leftover from another event. We had quite a bit so we had to cut and sew. It was awesome because it billowed nicely. We played with the effect as a group and the timing of when Peter rolled onto the "water." Here is a not so great picture of our rehearsal, but you can get an idea of the fabric. I bought one of those cheap swim mermaid tails and stuffed it for Teacher.

Jennifer Jordan
    Director of Theater and Dance
    Miss Hall's School
    Pittsfield MA

• 4.  RE: Peter and The Starcatcher

Posted 02-16-2017 22:21
    I did a blue wash on the stage with a special on Teacher at the top of the ladder, and a yellow pool of light on the stage where Peter sits. On the cyc, I focused special effect lights that move and look like waves. (They're American DJ H2O lights and you can check them out on YouTube). Simple, but I was super happy with the look.

Merica Frost

Sent from my iPhone