Open Forum

View Only

Show Admission Fees

• 1.  Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-15-2016 11:58

Do you charge one flat rate for each attendee or do you stagger your prices based on attendee's age? And what are your prices?  For example, students and seniors would be $4.00, adults $5.00? Thanks!

------------------------------
    Teresa Sumler

• 2.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-15-2016 13:49

I charge one flat rate but have lower prices if bought in advance, higher at the door. If students want a cheaper ticket they need to purchase in advance.

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 07:51
    Our admission prices are not staggered according to age. But we do offer a discount for buying tickets in advance.

For our upcoming fall play, we are charging $5.00 in advance, $8.00 at the door, and $10.00 for a VIP ticket no matter when you buy it.

--
    Mark A. Zimmerman
    Theatre Director,

Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone High School
    470 Castle Blvd
    Akron, Ohio 44313

330-761-3275

FirestoneTheatre.com

• 4.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 08:12

I really want to encourage both students and faculty to come to the shows, so I stagger it.  $5 for students, which most can pay, and one comp ticket for each faculty member.  (Teachers will often pay anyway, and when they don't I don't mind at all -- they often bring a "date" of some kind who pays, and it means so much to the kids to have teachers there.)  Everyone else pays $8.   

Josie Tierney-Fife
    English Teacher/Drama Director
    Gorham, ME

• 5.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-17-2016 09:19

A few year ago we had almost no student attendance so we started offering student admission for free.  It has made a significant difference so we'll continue for the foreseeable future.  We are fortunate to receive some limited funds from our school board so this is our way of giving something to the school and district in return for the support. Adults pay $6 for tickets to a play and $10 for a musical.

Rick Osann
    Theatre Teacher
    Maine Chapter Director
    Standish, ME

• 6.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 08:24

I charge $10 at the door. Employees of the county are free. Student tickets are $5 if purchased in advance (we sell them the week-of before school and during lunch.

Thinking about doing a $5 for kids under 10, but I'm not sure yet.

Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

• 7.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 09:37

We got tired of dealing with change at the door, so simplified our ticket prices. $10 for adult, $5 for students, senior citizens and Thespians. All staff of the school district get one comp. Opening night we offer student discount ($1 off). We also have priority seating: Additional $5 for front row, and Additional $3 for second row. These rows have comfortable chairs. Our performances are in a cafetorium with folding chairs. We usually sell out the front two rows because they are the only comfortable chairs to sit in. For the Spring Musical we use Brown Paper tickets, and I believe there is a slight fee the customer pays to buy online. Hope this helps.

Valerie Farschman, Drama Director
    MLS Theatre Company, Troupe 1422
    Marion L Steele High School
    Amherst, Ohio

• 8.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 10:14

We charge $8 for students (anyone 18 and under, really) and senior citizens. $10 for adults.

Christopher Hamilton
    Drama Teacher
    Kennewick WA

• 9.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-16-2016 15:19

We have three ticket values for our shows:

$ 12 - For All Seats for Spring Musical (even those bought in advance)

$ 5 - For all other events (Talent Show, Improv Comedy Shows, One Acts, etc.)

$ 0 - For all Drama Club Members ($25/year), and children under 5 (we usually take the parent's word for it).

We make up the money lost on Comp tickets on concessions and repeat business.

Break a leg!

Josh Ruben
    Fine Arts Head, Northwest Whitfield
    Chattanooga TN

• 10.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-17-2016 12:05

I stagger it and it's based on projected attendance. For the musical it's $5 for students from our school (w/ID) and seniors, $7 for students from other schools (w/ID) and $10 for the general public. For our plays it's $5 for any student (w/ID) or senior and $7 for general public. 

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 11.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-19-2016 10:26

For our non-musical productions (we have 2 of them):

$8 adults

$5 seniors, students (college and grad students count!), kids 12 and under (we take their word for it)

school staff and their families (if they are with the staff member):  FREE

active military and their families (with ID):  FREE

For our musical

$10 adults

$8  seniors, students (college and grad students count!),

$5 kids 12 and under (we take their word for it)

For our improv show:

$5 across the board

We are going to start online ticketing, so I will probably do a $1-$2 discount for early purchases.  

Raymond Palasz
    Auditorium Director/Director of Theatre
    Munster High School
    Schererville IN

• 12.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-20-2016 11:13

We charge 10.00 online pre-sale & all tickets are 15.00 the day of the show. All Faculty, Staff, & Students are free. We are selling out most of our shows and online ticketing allows for purchasers to make donations. We are doing better at the box office with vendini online ticket sales. 

Donnie Bryan
    Department Chair for Visual and Performing Arts
    Nashville TN

• 13.  RE: Show Admission Fees

Posted 09-21-2016 09:40

Greetings all,

Most of our shows are priced as follows:
    $11 - Adults
    $9 - Senior Citizens (55+)
    $6 - Students
    We do also offer a VIP seating package. For only $4 more, you can enjoy a V.I.P. upgrade! This option includes the best seating and an upscale intermission with hor d’oeuvres. Available for mainstage shows only.

Depends on the flow of ticket sales, we may offer online specials for tickets. 

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School
    Jeffersonville IN