Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Step by Step packets for IE

Posted 09-05-2016 12:55

Does anyone have any resources for a new troupe director? I am looking for a step by step instruction packet for my students in need reinforced help for IE's like lighting, costume, and set design as well as costume construction. Between being a new troupe director, new drama teacher, 4 preps and 4 kids I am stretched a little bit thin. Nothing I can't handle but I could really use some help. Thank you.

------------------------------
    Francis Considine
    Theatre Director
    Keystone Heights FL

• 2.  RE: Step by Step packets for IE

Posted 09-06-2016 10:13

If brand new, first, take several deep breaths. Don't panic and don't try to do everything at once, for it will come in time, and kids are generally pretty gracious and patient.

For right now, your first useful resource would be flthespian.com, especially since you're in Florida. Click on the Individual Events tab, and then click on the rules and guidelines, which should give you at least some idea of what to do/aim for. Using the guidelines/rules for the event should be translatable into simple step-by-step instructions.

If you want further help, feel free to get in touch and I can share some other tips and tools specific to your situation.

Best of fortune to you! Again, breathe. :)

Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL

• 3.  RE: Step by Step packets for IE

Posted 09-06-2016 21:17
      |   view attached

I second what Phillip said.

Though I'm not in Florida, at my previous school, I built up a good IE program. It took several years to get kids in the routine of what I expected of them.  But it paid off!

Attached is the packet that I used in order to coach them and get them ready for competition.  Feel free to use it as you need, and feel free to let me know if you have questions!

Raymond Palasz
    Auditorium Director/Director of Theatre
    Munster High School
    Schererville IN

Attachment(s)

docx
    IE Overview Document.docx   10 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Step by Step packets for IE

Posted 09-11-2016 11:35

Thank you so much!

Francis Considine
    Theatre Director
    Keystone Heights FL

• 5.  RE: Step by Step packets for IE

Posted 09-11-2016 11:37

It's hard not to want to do so much. My kids are amazing and I am blessed to have this position. I am a lot happier than when I taught History. Thank you for the reminder to breathe. I do forget sometimes.

Frank-

Francis Considine
    Theatre Director
    Keystone Heights FL