Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Frankenstein (Dorothy Louise)

Posted 08-20-2016 17:52
    Planning on doing Frankenstein this season the weekend before Halloween, and trying to decide between the Gialanella and Louise versions. The Gialanella version is fairly infamous, but the Louise version seems interesting. What are your experiences with the Louise version? I'm planning on making the show as scary as it is thoughtful.

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Frankenstein (Dorothy Louise)

Posted 08-22-2016 07:06

Have you looked at the Bo List version?

https://www.dramaticpublishing.com/p3838/Frankenstein-(List)/product_info.html

Might not be as scary as you want.

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: Frankenstein (Dorothy Louise)

Posted 08-23-2016 09:14

There is a version by Lisa Evans that is very interesting and unique, as it juxtaposes the Frankenstein story with a modern-day story. Very frightening and thought provoking. It's available on Amazon if you have the time to read it before making a final selection.

Steve Skelcey
    Colorado Springs CO

• 4.  RE: Frankenstein (Dorothy Louise)

Posted 08-25-2016 18:28

I went with the Gialanella version.  I'll try to keep the budget under $2 million this time...

Andrew Denny
    Theater Director
    Alamo Heights High School
    San Antonio TX

• 5.  RE: Frankenstein (Dorothy Louise)

Posted 08-26-2016 09:20

Great conversation on this story. It is one I am looking at for next year around Halloween as well. I am also interested in adapting my own version from the text to move the story in a way that is scary, thoughtful, and pushes out the main themes and ideas that stand out to me. Maybe that is something for you to explore as well?

James Fry
    Director of Student Life & Malvern Theatre Society
    West Chester PA