Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Oregon Shakespeare Festival

Posted 08-13-2016 08:52

Happy summer!!!

I want to take my students to Oregon Shakespeare Festival next June. But the principal will only allow the trip if it's through some "travel group" that will insure the trip. Any suggestions?

All the best to everyone starting the new school year.

Yours,

Shane Smuin

Aragon High School

San Mateo, CA

• 2.  RE: Oregon Shakespeare Festival

Posted 08-14-2016 14:42

I am starting to look at having a summer activity like this myself.  OSF has an Education Office, but nobody is there last week while they were conducting their Summer Seminar.  Otherwise, I might have even better information than the website below.

Student Groups

Osfashland remove preview
    Student Groups
    Student Tours Backstage Tour (2014): Kate Mulligan. Photo: Jenny Graham The Student Tour reveals "the show behind the show" and what it takes to produce the plays. We are delighted to be able to stage the Student Tours in our brand-new Hay Patton Rehearsal Center, with room for more design displays as well as time-lapse videos of the three-hour set change for all three theatres.
    View this on Osfashland >
    ------------------------------
    Jym Kinney
    Troupe Director
    Clover Park High School
    Lakewood, Washington

• 3.  RE: Oregon Shakespeare Festival

Posted 08-22-2016 20:38

Hi Shane,

Katherine Gosnell here from OSF. There are a few travel companies that support what you are looking for. I've not worked with them from your side of the discussion, but they might be worth checking out. Here is a link to a few travel professional companies and what they offer. Tours to Ashland

Osfashland remove preview
    Tours to Ashland
    Want to visit OSF but don't want to plan it yourself? No problem! There are numerous tour operators who visit us each year. Below is a listing of companies who are planning trips to OSF. Are you interested in a stimulating journey through four of Shakespeare's plays ( Twelfth Night, Hamlet, Richard II and The Winter's Tale)?
    View this on Osfashland >
    ------------------------------
    Katherine Gosnell
    Outreach Programs Manager
    Oregon Shakespeare Festival
    Ashland OR