Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New York Trip

Posted 08-03-2016 11:36

I know that there has been discussion on this board about the best NYC tours. I cannot seem to find it. I am looking for some information on the best tours for high school groups. 

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Joshua Sinyard
    Director of Theatre
    Glynn Academy
    Brunswick, GA.

• 2.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-04-2016 08:22
    I used School Tours of America this past spring and was impressed with their overwhelming attention to detail while maintaining flexibility to adapt to my groups specific needs. Feel free to contact me for specifics and contact info at STA.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-04-2016 13:44

Here are a few past threads, try searching for "NYC" or "Tour:"

NYC Trip

NYC Tours

NYC Theatre Tour Guides

Tour Companies: NYC

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 4.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-04-2016 13:59

I use EF Tours America.  They are really good at what they do.  They are reasonable when it comes to price and offer some really good packages.  You should give the a call.  They are really friendly and will work with you.  We are going to New York this coming summer with them again. 

Orlando Flores
    Lead Theatre Director
    MacArthur High School
    Irving, TX

• 5.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-05-2016 09:32

I dislike EF Tours. I had a very bad experience with them. I have heard that for European trips they are fine.

I use Travel Passports. http://www.bucketlisttrips.citymax.com/index.html

I am using them for our Spring Break trip to NYC and they were able to get Hamilton tickets!

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 6.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-05-2016 12:16

Travel Passports are great, I've used them a couple of times..  I used Worldstrides last year for ours and they were easy to work with as well.   I'm working with Dragaud Sojourns and setting up a tour right now for summer of 2018.

Glen Carpenter
    Tooele UT

• 7.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-09-2016 12:08

We use Bob Rogers Travels and are consistently happy.

Ryan Moore
    Theatre Teacher and Forensics Coach
    Royal Oak MI

• 8.  RE: New York Trip

Posted 08-09-2016 17:02

Hi!

This will be the first year I am taking my theatre group to NYC and I'm going through Educational Performance Tours. I don't have much insight yet, but so far the process has been pretty streamlined. Check it out for yourself!

NYC Performance Tours for Student Theatre Groups - Educational Performance Tours

Educational Performance Tours remove preview
    NYC Performance Tours for Student Theatre Groups - Educational Performance Tours
    Welcome to New York City, our home and the greatest city in the world. We offer a wide range of New York-based programs, including customized master classes, workshops, and interactive lessons in show biz. We have unparalleled connections with the New York City performing arts community.
    View this on Educational Performance Tours >
    Tiara Mikell, MSW
    Theatre Director
    KIPP Houston Public Schools