Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for a GREAT costume rental Company?? I've found one!

Posted 06-24-2016 12:51

I just have to give a shout-out to Disguises Costumes! I found them on the internet this spring and used them to rent costumes for my Pride and Prejudice show. The cost of each costume was much lower than I expected and each costume included a hat and gloves!! They were also a higher quality than I was expecting for the price! 

Now that it's summer, I'm directing my community theatre's production of Cinderella so I call Disguises. We chat back and forth about my vision, etc. (we also did that with P&P). I also asked if they happen to have a transformation dress, like the one on Broadway, I would LOVE that. A few days later I get a call from my designer telling me that they are BUILDING ME A TRANSFORMATION DRESS! I almost passed out. 

We got the costumes on Wednesday and, of course, we're not disappointed. The transformation dress is beautiful and amazing and I can't wait to see the audience and the children's reactions to it. 

I called them today to ask a few questions and to compliment them on the dress. They asked for feedback on how to make it better. :) 

Personable service, great prices, superb product! What more could you ask for! 

------------------------------
    Heidi Frederic
    Theatre Teacher
    Ascension Parish School District
    Gonzales LA

• 2.  RE: Looking for a GREAT costume rental Company?? I've found one!

Posted 06-25-2016 11:02

I can vouch for what she said. I've used Disguises for a number of years. Found them in a panic moment in the middle of directing Shrek and they saved the day, and saved my marriage. Last year I, too, was directing Cinderella and they built costumes for our production based on my request. Last year, again, we did Les Miz and probably had over 100+ costumes. Each one fit perfectly, came with all of the accessories, and we're ready for our rehearsals.  I honestly can't speak highly enough of them. Incredible customer service, great prices, and priced to fit any budget. Love love love them. Doing Peter Pan this year and I can't wait to see their creativity again on stage. 

Mike Hancey
    Musical Theatre, Drama, Theatre Guild, & Theater Manager
    Laramie High School
    Laramie, WY