Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Maintaining ETA Involvement In College

Posted 06-15-2016 20:34

As I leave behind the familiar world I know (the troupe 5368 stage) to attend Anderson University South Carolina School of the Arts, I find myself wondering how to stay involved with EDTA and the International Thespian Society in college. I have applied to be on the Alumni Council, but is there anything else I could do? What information should I show my new directors to get them involved on this website, or is it for high school directors only? I think if I could get them involved, it would do wonders for recruiting talented actors and actresses across the U.S. and to share information about the program. Is this against EDTA rules? 

------------------------------
    Alexandria Bagwell
    Dawsonville GA

• 2.  RE: Maintaining ETA Involvement In College

Posted 06-17-2016 14:51

Congratulations on your graduation, Alexandria! We're so excited that you've joined the Alumni Council and plan to stay in touch. 

If you will be majoring in Theatre or Theatre Education, you might want to look into joining EdTA as a pre-professional member to get a head start in your career. You can find more information about that here.

All are welcome! Our members include high school students, middle and high school theatre teachers, college professors, theatre professionals, artists and advocates. We'd love for you to share EdTA with your teachers and fellow students. Once you've had a chance to get settled in your new school, email me (gbutsch@schooltheatre.org) and I'd be thrilled to help!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY