Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  International Thespian Chaperone Needed

Posted 05-13-2016 10:49

Hello!  I have three of my students that are able to go to International Thespian Festival from Traverse City, Michigan and we are in need of a Troupe to "Adopt" these kids so that they can attend.

I am not able to attend, and I would hate for these amazing three seniors to miss this opportunity.  They have already paid and registered, and have a way to the event, we just need a troupe that would be willing to adopt them- which from what I have learned basically means that my kids would be assigned to sit with your group, and you would get to know three more talented amazing students!  Two are musical theatre performers and one is an acting major.  All are graduating in the next few weeks and are really looking forward to this adventure.

Please help out if you can!  I would love to be there myself, but unfortunately I have another commitment.

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Minda Nyquist
    Teacher/Director/Choreographer
    Traverse City Area Public Schools
    Traverse City MI

• 2.  RE: International Thespian Chaperone Needed

Posted 05-15-2016 10:29

Did you contact someone in your state chapter that might be going?  In my state the winning play that is going will sometimes help out by "adopting" the students that are going to participate in individual events.  

I think it would be easier to coordinate with someone closer to you.  

I am not going otherwise I would offer my help!

good luck

Hannah Barnes
    Morgantown WV

• 3.  RE: International Thespian Chaperone Needed

Posted 05-16-2016 15:52

I could possibly help if any are female... but I have farmed my boys out to another troupe. The state director in our state was most helpful, perhaps yours will be as well?

Cassandra Shott
    Director
    Nuevo CA