Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shrek Hands

Posted 02-23-2014 09:07
    I was hoping to paint an oversize pair of vinyl gloves, but the paint cracks when you start to move your fingers. I found "Shrek Hands" on line - but they are so short - barely coming over the wrist.

I'm running out of ideas!

-------------------------------------------
    Suzanne Smith

• 2.  RE:Shrek Hands

Posted 02-24-2014 13:21
    I used a set of green gloves that were a bit fuzzy and then overlayed them with a pair of yellow leather gloves that were cut so the green of the fingers were seen.  This added bulk to the hands and gave the character flexibility too.  I had used a knitted headpiece for my ogres and donkey so we were able to better match the coloring.

Hope that helps,

Nicole Morgan
    Memorial High School

• 3.  RE:Shrek Hands

Posted 02-26-2014 00:13
    We just opened the show this last week. What we finally settled on was a pair of work gloves out of the shop!  I gave a couple of kids some yellow, green and white acrylic paint and the makeup color they needed to match.  They are awesome.  The actor has flexibility enough to hold things and be expressive with his hands.  It does help to do some paint work that suggests fingernails and the shadows at the creases on the hands.  Spattering also helps finish the look.

Helen Dixon