Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online ticket sales

Posted 03-24-2016 10:17
    Good morning!

I remember reading about an online ticket selling program that was written by some of our colleagues and that included the scanner and printer in the cost. Does anyone know the name of that program, pretty please?

Thank you!

Merica Frost
    ERHS Mustang Theatre Company

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 03-24-2016 12:39

I use booktix.com. They include the scanner and printer for the tickets for free (like you're holding onto the set-up until you stop using it, I guess).

I'm still trying to get online ticketing to work at my site, as I have a population that is wary of paying much of anything online and still prefers cash and check and face-to-face. This is more my problem than anything Booktix has done, as their customer service is amazing and the costs for using their services are actually incredibly competitive and fair (about $1.50 on top of what your ticket price is). I am hoping that I can get this to work for my upcoming production of 'Shrek', which I feel will be a show that many may well want to purchase tickets in advance for, as we should get a big crowd (though I still don't feel confident we will fill our oversize 650 seat auditorium; oh for a black box 150-capacity studio theatre!)

This is just my own experience, and it seems like if you are going to transition to an online ticketing system, that it will require patience as people get used to the idea of online ticketing for your venue.

Here's a previous thread with more opinions and options:

Open Forum

Schooltheatre remove preview
    Open Forum
    Hidden page that shows all messages in a thread
    View this on Schooltheatre >
    ------------------------------
    Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL

• 3.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 03-28-2016 11:25

I also use Booktix. We have had no problem with them at all. The system is really easy to use. They provide everything. Jason, the owner, is a pleasure to work with :-)

Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ

• 4.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 03-29-2016 08:43

We have used ShowIx4U for years.  They are always at International and EdTA national teachers' conference.  They are AWESOME!

[William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 5.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 04-04-2016 08:18

Good Morning

We use artspeople.com and they are great. the customer service and attention that you receive from them is incredible. They charge they have is .95/ticket plus the normal credit card fee. 

James Fry
    Director of Student Life & Malvern Theatre Society
    West Chester PA