Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Once upon mattress

Posted 03-08-2016 12:52
    Hi,
    We are in need of some help. We purchased the rights to the show about 3 weeks ago and just learned that the script is on back order. I really don't know how log before we get everything.

We had a question about the key of the score. Does anyone know if it follows the Broadway tracks? We did find a piano score but it is higher than the Broadway version. We're not sure if this is the official one that RH sends.

Also we are attempting live orchestration for the first time. We will have to bring in other students and adults since we only have a few players ready and skilled to perform. Would anyone have information about what and who are needed? We obviously have a very young orchestra. How many players have you used?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Once upon mattress

Posted 03-09-2016 06:55

This is a wonderful show! Congrats on doing it. I don't remember the original key in the score, but I'm sure the publishing house can help you out with that especially if you have already secured the rights. We did the show quite successfully with just a keyboard. Good Luck!

------------------------------
    Jennifer Jordan
    Drama and Dance Director
    Miss Hall's School
    Pittsfield MA

• 3.  RE: Once upon mattress

Posted 03-09-2016 12:37

We are doing Once Upon a Mattress right now. I will talk to my Musical Director and respond when we have our rehearsal today! If you need me sooner, you can email me directly at jmgrewe@lmca.org

Jeanne-Marie Grewe
    Theatre Director
    Lake Mead Christian Academy
    Henderson NV

• 4.  RE: Once upon mattress

Posted 03-13-2016 05:15

Just to confirm: You are doing the full length not the G2K version?  

Valerie Scott
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Perimeter School
    Johns Creek, Ga